The ability to adapt to a frequently changing environment is vital for the success of any business. Markets and industries are constantly changing, national and international laws require for continuous adaptation, and labour agreements lead to new provisions. The success of a business is, however, also contingent on the quality and motivation of its employees. Accordingly, queries related to hiring and supervision of employees as well as termination of employment have to be capably and promptly answered.
This becomes even more important in light of the fact that the growing complexity and depth of national and international regulations threaten to strain the relationship between a business and its employees. This comes at a time of economic uncertainty where many employees feel a growing need for reliable employment, in order to not only ensure their economic and social existence, but also in order to feel a degree of self-worth.
Our aim is to solve employment law-related disputes at the earliest possible stage by providing comprehensive counselling and by preparing fair contracts, constructed with care and foresight in order to avoid future disputes. At times, however, the desired result can only be achieved in court. Here too, we can offer expert assistance.
We provide legal advice to our clients with regard to:
- drafting of employment contracts for executive employees, directors, board members;
- claiming outstanding payments such as salaries, but also salary components such as vacation and holiday bonuses, company cars, overtime compensation and leave;
- representation and counselling of certain groups of persons such as trainees, expectant mothers, young parents, severely disabled persons, members of employee’s representation, temporary workforce;
- preparation and execution of terminations in consideration of special termination protection rights and, if applicable, observing the participation rights of the work council;
- defence against invalid or unsubstantiated transfers, written warnings, and, of course, ordinary and extraordinary terminations;
- negotiation and drafting of cancellation agreements and compensations, taking into consideration all possible consequences related to social security and tax laws; and
- all queries related to labour management regulation, in particular wage-setting, hiring of employees, re-grouping and transfer of employees and advising on and drafting of employer/works council agreements.